High-level overview of setting up SAP ILM Store on Azure:
- Set up an Azure Storage account: Create a Microsoft Azure Storage account, which serves as the foundation for managing and storing data. Choose the appropriate storage tier based on the organization’s performance and redundancy requirements.
- Create a storage container: Within the Azure Storage account, create a storage container (Blob Storage) to store the SAP ILM data. Configure access control and security settings as per your organization’s requirements.
- Configure SAP ILM Store: In your SAP system, set up an ILM Store by creating a new content repository (transaction OAC0) and configuring it to use the Azure storage container. You’ll need to provide the necessary connection details, such as storage account name, access key, and container name.
- Install and configure Azure Storage Connector: To enable SAP systems to interact with the Azure Blob Storage, you need to install and configure the Azure Storage Connector. The connector serves as an interface between the SAP system and the Azure storage container.
- Set up data archiving and retention policies: Define data archiving and retention rules within the SAP ILM framework to manage the data lifecycle. This includes specifying when data should be archived, how long it should be retained, and when it should be deleted.
- Test and validate the setup: Once the SAP ILM Store on Azure is configured, test the archiving process, access to archived data, and deletion of data after the retention period has expired. This ensures the setup works as expected and meets the organization’s data management requirements.